Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/15


I passed my Pre Solo written test yesterday with a 90% and will solo in a C-172 for the first time by the end of the week. Yesterday was one of the best flights I've had at ATP. I impressed my instructor enough for him to let me practice my crosswind landings with the winds gusting to 20 and a crosswind component of about 11. Every landing was real smooth and on top of the gusting winds I was in the pattern continuosly behind a C-130. Every time I turned in the pattern tower would mention "keep the 130 in sight at all times and caution wake turbulence". So it was a great experience to both fly the airplane and calculate where to touch down in addition to about a 25 degree crab angle. My instructor recieved a new job flying a cirrus G3 so I will be paired up with a new instructor at the end of the month. All the instructors are waiting for the golden ticket of opportunity out side of flight instructing, and I completely understand. So I will be paired up with a new instructor coming in from the FL location and make the smooth transition into completing my private pilots liscence. .......which will be in about a month

No comments: